Job Title: Clinical Specialist
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
As a member of the Clinical Affairs team, the Clinical Specialist is responsible for providing exceptional clinical and technical support to clinical trial sites participating in a US-based pivotal trial of the Hemolung RAS extracorporeal carbon dioxide removal system. This is a field clinical support position, providing hands on support for a new medical device in the ICU. Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of independence and be comfortable planning, organizing, and performing work in the field.
• Provides medical professionals with on-site and remote (phone) support, information, and training on the use of the Hemolung RAS with clinical training, education in-services, and technical troubleshooting.
• Provides after hours “on-call” and on-site support.
• Uses clinical expertise to identify customer training needs with the goal of promoting safe and effective product utilization, and driving enrollment in the clinical study.
• Complies with FDA regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies/procedures, processes, task assignments, and reporting requirements.
• Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, clinical sites, contractors, and vendors.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Associates Degree; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a clinical specialist or educator, preferably in the medical device industry.
• Clinical background relevant to the ICU (Perfusionist, Respiratory Therapist, Registered Nurse, ECMO Specialist). Experience with extracorporeal devices a plus.
• Clinical trials experience a plus.
• The ability to communicate, understand, and educate clinical data in the critical care space.
• Excellent organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
• Accustomed to tight deadlines and managing multiple tasks.
• Excellent interpersonal verbal, written and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels and to large groups within and outside the organization.
• Capable of building strong working relationships with internal/external customers.
Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Capable of working unpredictable schedule that may occasionally change on short notice due to patient changes or physician schedules (including nights and weekends).
• Ability to travel frequently (approximately 75%), including multi-day overnight trips and some weekends.
• Ability to provide “on-call” services outside of normal business hours.
• Ability to obtain hospital vendor credentials (requirements will vary but may include TB testing, drug testing and background checks).
• Valid driver’s license and capacity to operate a motor vehicle.
• Other duties as assigned.
The work environment will primarily be hospital intensive care units and other clinical procedure areas (e.g. ERs or ORs). Job activities require mobility and stamina involving a significant amount of walking, standing, climbing stairs and sitting; manual dexterity to carry, reach, manipulate, handle and demonstrate company products as well as to write, telephone, use computer keyboard, etc.; stooping and kneeling to pick up and carry equipment; and the ability to communicate clearly. Lifting requirements are normally up to 15 pounds but may exceed that on occasion.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Human Resources ALung Technologies 2500 Jane Street, Suite 1 Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Posting Date: August 23, 2019